Accient Worlds Gallery, Manchester Museum
The University Of Manchester
Project Brief: The Ancient Worlds Galleries highlight the Museum’s outstanding archaeology collections from Manchester and the region, and from ancient civilisations such as Greece, Rome and Egypt. This major refurbishment project created three new galleries and their opening marked the centenary of the first Egypt gallery to be opened at the Museum. The bright and inviting galleries are in sharp contrast to the dark and oppressive feel of their predecessors.
Electrical Installation Brief: As the rest of the museum remained fully functional throughout the installation our main objective was to cause as little distruption as possible to the building. This would include keeping noise levels at a minimum, receiving deliveries at agreed hours, staff being polite and good house keeping. With the Museum being a listed building the new installation had to be concealed and installed with no damage to the existing building fabrics.
Key Areas Of Work Included:
- Full strip out of existing installation Inc. display cabinets
- New mains & distribution systems
- General power installation
- Lighting & emergency lighting installation
- Specialist power & lighting installation to display cabinets
- New fire alarm installation
- Intruder & door access installation
- Data & telephone structured wiring installation
- Full client demonstrations, O&M manuals